Chaos Sisters is a 2d Demon Beat’em up game set in a lighthearted high fantasy world, with a focus on combat instead of platforming.
This project started as a tool for learning more about programming and traditional animation, and for creating material for a portfolio. As I had so much fun working on this project, I decided to turn it up a notch and make it a real game! This website will feature a variety of content from concept art to gameplay, following the development journey of Chaos Sisters. The orginal project Started in January 2016. The project restarted from beginning in January 2020.
Puna & Sini are two demons slacking on guard duty, when a party of heroes invades their home dungeon! Now surrounded by furious former allies, the sisters have to slay each hero… or The Master will have their heads!
Puna The Succubus
- Agile melee fighter, fights enemies up close and personal.
- Burn your enemies with your fireballs and super! Set up flames that deal AoE damage.
- Warp around to dodge enemies, you can cancel almost every attack into a warp. Master the warp and become unstoppable!
- Build up combo meter with your attacks, and use it to fuel a powerful super attack.
Sini The Succubus
- Ranged spell caster, destroy your enemies with devastating arcane magic!
- Charge up your attacks for more powerful spells.
- Store charged spells for instant activation. If a spell is already stored, invoke a combination of the charged & stored magic into a new powerful spell!
- Avoid enemies with your far reaching (but slow) teleport
- Neutral Special: Arcane Rift. Explodes after a duration, and you can power up the explosion with your other spells!
- Side Special: Skating! Move around more quickly, for a small energy cost! Sini is also immune for a couple frames at the start, so you can dodge attacks with perfect timing.
- 1.5-3 hour action-packed game length for a single playthrough.
- Six stages, 24+ enemies, and 6+ bossfights!
- two playable characters with distinct play styles.
Other Planned Extra features
These features will be looked on after the game is complete from start to finish, and might not be included in the final product.
- Challenge mode – single encounters with cruel enemy combinations or wild special modifiers.
- Arcade mode – play through the game without any cutscenes or other story elements! When you want to play the game and you already know the story, or maybe you just want to go fast.
- Survival mode – fight waves of random enemies in a single arena, how long can you last?
- Secret characters, stages? :O
- Collectible monster souls as weapons and perk powerups!
- Collectible extra content: artwork, bonus cutscenes, etc.